Travel and Accommodation
Please be aware that the Dublin Marathon 2022 will take place the same weekend as the CARN conference. Because of this, we advise you to book your accommodation well in advance to get the best rate possible.
Dublin is easy to access via air, rail and road. The Dublin Airport site provides up to date information for onward travel.
The nearest train stations are Mayor Square NCI, Spencer Dock, Connelly or Docklands. The Dublin Rail map provides full information.
There are many hotels located close to the conference venue covering a range of budgets. Please note, when you choose a hotel, you may wish to look on Trip Advisor, or other review sites to ensure that the hotel you are looking at is suited to your needs.
Maynooth is a 30-minute train ride from Dublin and Malahide is 20 minutes on the DART. The Skylon hotel and Croke Park Hotel are within 20-minute walk to NCI.
The Spencer Hotel, Hilton Garden Hotel and The Mayson Hotel have offered the following rates for participants. Please book directly with the hotels, as per the details below, noting terms and conditions of payment. Please use the references below when making your booking:
- The Spencer Hotel – from €220.00pn (Ref: NCICARN22)
- The Hilton Garden Hotel – from €219.00pn (Ref: NCI)
- The Mayson Hotel – from €215.00pn (Ref: CARN)
- The Clayton Hotel – from €195.00pn
You can also try using the booking.com website to check for hotels. Some bookings are cheaper through this site, and it offers free cancellation on some bookings also.
One of our colleagues has compiled the following list which may help you in finding accommodation at a reasonable price:
Accommodation in Dublin <€150 per night Fri 28th & Sat 29th of October 2022
1. Lucan Spa Hotel €228 for 1 person, better deals for 2 – Lucan
Connections: Bus to/from city centre:
2. Green Isle Hotel €292 for 2 nights for 2 people
Connections: Luas to Red Cow stop + 20 minute walk
3. Crown Plaza Blanchardstown- Recently open for business again €250 for 2 people for 2 nights
Connections: Served by 39, 39A, 70 Buses from city centre
4. Premier Inn Dublin Airport. €254 for 2 nights for 1 person (€127 approx per room per night, better value for 2 people sharing)
6. Check out www.airbandb.com for Dublin e.g Currently 48 accommodation options 2 people between €60-€120 per night for dates cited.